Limine bianco friulano

Limine 2018: What they say about it

The vintage 2018 of Terre di Ger’s Limine is produced from resistant varieties and has already earned praise from experts both in Italy and abroad.

Limine is the wine that has lead Terre di Ger into organic farming, looking to the future of viticulture. Limine is our greatest pride: it is produced from the best resistant grape varieties (PIWI) – a blend of Soreli and Sauvignon Kretos – and has already earned praise from journalists and wine experts. This looks like another great leap forward for the spreading of PIWI culture in Italy and the recognition of the quality of resistant grape varieties. Good reviews are making these grapes’ potential even greater and this is very encouraging for us to give our best following our mission.

Limine, vino bianco friulano ottenuto da varietà resistenti.

A pleasant and smooth wine – Andrea Gabbrielli on “Vinotype”

Last February, 5 Vinotype online magazine directed by Rosanna Ferraro published an article by award-winning journalist Andrea Gabbrielli from “Tre Bicchieri del Gambero Rosso” weekly economic journal. Gabbrielli, who is very good at combining history and culture, writes the following:

Limine 2018 Igt Venezia Giulia Bianco is a straw yellow color white wine with delicate scents of tropical fruits, white peach, pear, and green notes with a delicate scent of tomato leaf. Full, soft and warm on the palate. The fruity, tropical harmonious acidity is persistant. This wine is pleasant and smooth, with an interesting sapid base. The wine maintains its scent and taste even days after the bottle’s opening. Ideal pairing with spaghetti with clams, pasta al ragù, rigatoni with bottarga, grilled fish, roast rabbit and white meats in general.

Balanced with fruity ending – Stefano Tucci on “I vini del Golosario”

Limine 2018 has also been reviewed by Stefano Tucci in the column “Il vino del Giorno” for the Italian blog “I vini del Golosario” of renowned Italian journalist Paolo Massobrio.

Limine 2018 is obtained from resistant grapevines that are almost unknown to many people and have been developed at the Institute of Applied Genomic at the University of Udine. 10% of Sauvignon Kretos, which gets its structure and subtle herbaceous notes from the most famous Sauvignon Blanc; tropical fruit notes emerge more clearly, banana notes in this case. The remaining 90% is constituted of soreli grapes giving this wine persistant taste and intense scent of almond and vanilla. The sip is coherent and balanced, sustained by a pleasant freshness. The ending is fruity, and recalls of apple scents.

Events

Limine 2018: What they say about it

Limine 2018: What they say about it

The vintage 2018 of Terre di Ger’s Limine is produced from resistant varieties and has already earned praise from experts both in Italy and abroad. Limine is the wine that has lead Terre di Ger into organic farming, looking to the future of viticulture. Limine is our greatest pride: it is produced from the best […]

Read

PIWI: Welcome to the Future | a Conversation with Fisar Chairman Luigi Terzago

PIWI: Welcome to the Future | a Conversation with Fisar Chairman Luigi Terzago

PIWI: since the first breeding up to now. Fisar Chairman Luigi Terzago explains us the evolution of resistant grape varieties

Read

Italian Flag Prosecco celebrates Davide Formolo’s unforgettable season

Italian Flag Prosecco celebrates Davide Formolo’s unforgettable season

A special edition of Terre di Ger’s Prosecco celebrates italian cycling champion Davide Formolo after an unforgettable season with Bora Hansgrohe.

Read

Subscribe to Terre di Ger's Newsletter

Don't miss any of our winery's activities and events.